Grand Canyon

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a mix (not HDR) of a timed (kinda) sequence of photos throughout a Grand Canyon sunset.

600gcmix-2.jpg

What do you mean "mix"? I like the photo a bit hazy in parts though, probably a result of the location, not much you can do about that. Considering Im at work though it could just be the crap monitor I am looking at it through.

I think I messed up the sky a bit. Mix; I took the last photo, the middle photo and first photo of the set and used the last as a background and the other two at 45% transparancy and brought out some color that I didn't see the first edit of the originals. I tried hdr but it was the strangest looking photo I ever saw- very bad considering GC photos are probably some of the hardest to mess up.

i went to the grand canyon a few years ago and most of my pics have that haze too... or maybe they were just really bad scans...

i really like how the light shows the structure of the canyon in the background on this shot...

I understand now what you mean by mix. You may want to try another method using layers and diffferent exposures. try using luminosity masks mohain posted a great link in a previous thread you can do a search under my name for all my posts I think I put it under "HDR without CS2's merge to hdr function" basically you will put your dark layer over your light. then press shift-crt-alt-~ and that will apply a luminosity mask to the backgruod layer then go to your top layer and choose add new layer reveal all. the resule will look alright but the key is to unclick the eye on the top layer so you can see the luminosity mask and what it is revealing. then paint back certain parts of the photo using different opacities and softnesses on your brush. It takes some practice but you can create great images using this method. I have only done it with two layers but I imagine you could do it with three. Another option would be to apply layer masks to your top two payers then hit crt-i to hide the layer and then paint back the parts you want. this will allow you to bring back certain parts of the image in at 100% opocity and keep others hidden. If you post thre three sources photos I could show you the result

Think you did a good job; I too had the same problem with high altitude haze at the canyon, bad me very unhappy

Most reactions

Back