Grand Daughter Portrait

Markus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mkv.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, some general critique would be appreciated. Changed from color to B&W in PS and did a little selective color. Shot with natural light only. The reflection is sunlight coming through a beveled glass window in a door.
422714836_aFrRJ-L.jpg

Thanks

I really like the abstract quailty of this, but the selective coloring isn't doing it for me. I would increase the contrast and leave it black and white.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, or even a little more drastic:

granddaughter.jpg

I sharpened her eyes up a bit, what do others think? Maybe everyone is too busy looking at the NSFW photos... either way I really like this capture Markus.

Hi, Markus. I guess I have the same comments as Average Joe. I liked the colors of the eyes, but the deep reds in the lips made it look too much like makeup.

Here's my thought on it. It's basically the same as what Average Joe did, except I left the eyes blue. I also darkened the background and highlighted the eyes to make it look more like the light is more focused on them.

markus1.jpg

Rob

Thanks guys, for taking the time to work on my photo. Both versions look great to me. I agree with the comment on the lips being to much. I actually started out with just coloring the eyes only and for some reason added the lips later. I guess my first instict was more on the mark. Thanks again to both of you.

Most reactions

Back