Grant's Farm, St. Louis, Missouri

LCARSx32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lcarsx32.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The best part of living near St. Louis is all of the free family attractions. You have the St. Louis Zoo, the Science Center, the Art and History museums, the Gateway To the West museum (in the base of the Arch), the Old Court House (where the Dred Scott case took place, unfortunately), and much, much more.

These were taken at another, lesser known free attraction in St. Louis, Grant's Farm. It's owned and run by Anheuser Bush. It's the chosen home of Ulysses S. Grant. If you're ever in St. Louis, it's well worth the trip! Plus you get two free beers!

The first two were taken from a moving tram with my Sigma 75-300 f/4. The rest were on foot.

#1: Antelope (he ignored my request to turn around)

antelope.jpg

#2: Longhorn (what is it with animals and showing off their rear ends...)

longhorn.jpg

#3: Faux Nest - They had these all over the rooftops of the stables. I'm unsure of their purpose.

bellbird.jpg

#4: Fight - I wish I had gotten lower for this shot, but there was a fence between me and the goats.

fight.jpg

#5: Wagon - Saved the best for last!

wagon.jpg

127200265.jpg
fight_CANON_VS_NIKON.jpg

The original photo was shot by LCARSx32,and posted in this thread on TPF. He gave me permission to post my interpretation of the battling goats--which kind of reminded me of the current thread entitled simply Canon or Nikon? , a thread that now has over 425 replies and well over 5,200 views!

I simply added the Canon and Nikon logos to the sides of the battling animals, and used the magic wand to knock out the colored backgrounds, blurred it .3 pixel, then sharpened the resulting file.

I love the bird nest on top of the bell. Very nice!!!

#3 is definitely my favorite. The goats are awesome though.

#5 is just WOW!

Darrel, always great to see your inputs :thumbup:

127200265.jpg
fight_CANON_VS_NIKON.jpg

The original photo was shot by LCARSx32,and posted in this thread on TPF. He gave me permission to post my interpretation of the battling goats--which kind of reminded me of the current thread entitled simply Canon or Nikon? , a thread that now has over 425 replies and well over 5,200 views!

I simply added the Canon and Nikon logos to the sides of the battling animals, and used the magic wand to knock out the colored backgrounds, blurred it .3 pixel, then sharpened the resulting file.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Notice- that the NIKON goat is clearly in better focus, and that the CANON goat has much flatter lighting, head chop, and his tail is positioned such that he looks like he is trying to take a dump. ;)

127200265.jpg
fight_CANON_VS_NIKON.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Notice- that the NIKON goat is clearly in better focus, and that the CANON goat has much flatter lighting, head chop, and his tail is positioned such that he looks like he is trying to take a dump. ;)

It was in focus because it was taken with a Canon :lol:

Most reactions

Back