Gravel Road Sunset

mooimeisie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While traveling down a dusty gravel road, a pick up passed us and the dust in the air changed the color of the sunset for a few minutes. I don't know if the red streaks coming from the sun are a good thing or very bad photography. This was taken with a Minolta 70-210mm Beercan lens. Here's the EXIF data:
Exposure:0.4Aperture:f/32.0Focal Length:75 mmISO Speed:100
Exposure Mode:ManualWhite Balance:Auto
3653027970_bea0e66388_b.jpg

I like it. Art is subjective, right? I don't know if it's good or bad. To me the streaks remind me of a flower. Makes me feel pleasant looking at the picture. Sigh . . .

Well I can say I have seen better sunset pics...But, this pic most definitely makes me wish I was there at that very instant in time. :)

the flair that's coming from the sun adds to the picture I think. Remember the conditions you were shooting in, it may come to your advantage in the future.

Flare like that is a matter of the sun acting on the lenses in the lens. Knowing how and when your "flare" occurs is helpful. Both to avoid and make it happen.

I do like this one.

The focus seems a bit soft on the trees, it would be nice if it was razor sharp.

Sometimes it's difficult to get the camera to focus with the sun in the picture, I know that with my Canon EOS Rebel, the focus hunts whenever I have the sun in the picture. I have to quickly switch to manual focus in order to focus properly.

Colors are nice. Composition is ok, but not very dramatic. My eye wasn't drawn to anything in particular. If those dead trees were larger and took up more space in the picture, they might become an interesting point of interest.

Cheers!
Marc.

Most reactions

Back