Great Blue Heron

SCraig

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
sc-photo-tn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't like the background of this one, but not a lot I could do about it. I asked him to move to a spot with a more pleasing background and he looked at me like I was nuts.

2012-11-24-01.jpg

I've seen a lot more of these birds the past couple of years than in past years. I don't know if their population is increasing or whether I'm just noticing them more, but to me there seem to be a lot more of them around this part of the country.

They also seem to not be quite as shy as they used to be. Several years ago I couldn't get within a hundred yards of one, and this one was shot at 21 meters. I started at about 50 meters, and kept moving closer and closer. After this shot I picked up my tripod and was watching where I was walking as I moved closer because it was a muddy lake bank. Put my tripod down and pointed the camera back at where he was and said, "Uh, where the hell is he! Oh, there he is, over on the other side of the lake." I guess enough as enough in his opinion, but I sure wish I could have gotten that last shot because it was within 15 meters ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back