Great portrait lense for Canon 20d?

markc said:
There are other things. It's bokeh really doesn't compare to the 1.4. If you aren't used to looking for it, you probably woudn't care, but to my eye, it's noticable.

Ok, I looked up some examples, b/c as you said, if you're not used to spotting it, you won't notice...and you're right, now that I know what to look for, I would def. notice.

6Speed said:
Ok, I looked up some examples, b/c as you said, if you're not used to spotting it, you won't notice...and you're right, now that I know what to look for, I would def. notice.

yeah...that's one downside to looking to hard into things :)

if you shoot studio or with backgrounds, or even just plain backgrounds outdoors the bokeh can look surprisingly nice. it's just with out of focus grass blades (sometimes) and out of focus tree branches that you really notice it.

I like the Canon 50mm f/1.8 and Canon 85mm f/1.8 for portraits with my 20D. Great lenses, and cheap as far as Canon lenses go.

The 1.4 rocks - and I have a 1.3 crop camera so its a little wider. I love the lens but find I am so used to zooms in my normal style of photography so for me it takes a little bit of getting used to again...:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back