Green Sea Turtle tracks on black sand

sabbath999

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
track.jpg

Nearing twilight.

EXIF: D40, 55-200 VR, 1/25, f7.2, ISO 400, -1/3EV AP, too dark to use a polarizer, handheld.

Wow, I didn't know they'd leave this kind of "truck tyre trail"! Intersting!
Is THAT the Green Sea Turtle there in the back? Why did it not go straight to the sea? Why has it turned around? Is it POSING for you? ;)
The bit of colour in the back is nice, and the setting sun gives it such a deep saturation. Nice! :D

Hawaiian green sea turtles are the only sea turtles in the world that bask on a daily basis. Not surprisingly, they stopped doing that when the native Hawaiians ate them, but now that they are protected they have started coming back to the islands beaches.

They are alge eaters, and graze in the tidal pools.

Although they are rare (they are listed as endangered), they are common enough sites in Hawai'i. They are the largest hard shell turtle, and the adults are about 100cm across on the shell.

This beach also serves as a home for Hawaiian Monk Seals although I haven't been able to see any of those (it is only used from time to time).

wow beautiful colours on the turtle!
with the grey beach he almost looks like a lava turtle out of some fantasy story with those colours!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back