Greetings from your Fogo Island friend!

camperbc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all! First off, my apologies for being away for so long. Due to my poor health keeping me bedridden, it has been two months since I last posted pictures; in fact since I even TOOK any pictures! Yesterday was the first good-weather day in quite some time, and I was determined to finally get outside with my cameras and take advantage of the great weather.

I was curious to see firsthand the new studio for visiting artists that was completed this summer, close to the town of Joe Batt's Arm, a short drive from my home. The radically styled structure is one of many being built in various communities across Fogo Island, all of them designed by internationally acclaimed architect Todd Saunders. This studio is much larger than it appears in pictures, at over 100 ft in length. There is no road to the studio, so I had to walk the last km or so over the rugged coastline. A herd of close to 100 caribou crossed the trail in front of me!

I thought I would share some of my images of this interestingly unique building. All were taken handheld with my Sony DSLR, using both my Sony 18-55mm and Minolta 50mm f/1.7 lens.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland : about my photography:

DSC03409_stitcha1000pix.jpg

DSC03451a1000pix.jpg

DSC03424a1000pix.jpg

DSC03427a700pix.jpg

Hey a fellow NL'er , Soon as i noticed I had to look through all your pics, you have some awesome shots, i haven't been able to get out to fogo with the cam yet but i will eventually, hope you start feeling better to get out and take some more :thumbup:

I have been in the construction industry for more than 30 years.
One of the items I noticed in your photo of the newly constructed building is the condition of the surrounding landscape. It looks well protected and natural. I wonder how that is possible considering the type of landscape this is built on, and no road to the site. I am impressed.

P.S.
I always like your photos as well. :mrgreen:

Sorry to hear about your health, I wish you good luck!

that is one cool beach house,though the beach looks kinda rocky.

Most reactions

Back