Grey market teleconverter?

mountainjunkie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was looking at the Sigma TC-2001 teleconverter, and while the going rate seems to be $400 from the reputable sites, Amazon via their “global UK” channel has it for $204. I’m assuming this is because it’s grey market? I’ve researched grey market items before and know the typical risks...but for something as simple as a teleconverter...and not talking a hefty 4-figure camera purchase...I don’t see a lot of downside to getting this at 50% off. Or am I missing something?

Like all things if it to good to be true ...... blah blah. can you afford to take the gamble, I see deals like this as a gamble, and ask. .... can I afford to loose that amount of money... I would say Amazon is better risk than some as you can get refunds for certain things worth looking at their refund policy if it covers items that are counterfeit

That seems like an alarmingly low price even for a gray market item. I would proceed with caution.

Based on the protections that Amazon offers, I would be willing to take the risk.

I recently bought a "white box" Canon 18-135 nano usm lense for $300, it's $600 for the retail lense. I added a 2 year warranty for $25. Amazon's warranty is better than Canons anyway.... It works perfectly, nice and sharp.
I say add the warranty and go for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back