Grimy conceptual shoot from the weekend - slightly NSFW

hellkittenn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Curious as to what you guys think of my latest shoot with a fantastic model. She was a real champ. Naked in the rain, covered in goo and sand and dirt and not a single complaint! Amazing. I wanted to capture some crisp, emotive portraits that were a bit different as this model has worked only in very commerical and clean settings before. Any C&C is super appreciated! Thanks :)

Flickr set here: DeepforestAlien Babe Shoot - a set on Flickr

Ohh... okay. I thought Flickr was a totally acceptable to site in which to link your images, but I do apologize.

These are pretty low def copies. Feel free to go onto the Flickr set to see them in high quality.
$1534333_10153579886895147_2053517916_n.jpg
$lucy.jpg
View attachment 62678
$lucy3.jpg
$tumblr_my73vpQ12U1qadml3o1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say is, huh?

It's something outside the box. I wanted her to look as grimy, as dirty and as gross as possible. Like some sort of otherworldly creature.

I like it. It's unique and risky.

It's something outside the box. I wanted her to look as grimy, as dirty and as gross as possible. Like some sort of otherworldly creature.

Outside the box is obvious, but what is not obvious is the reason.

ps: she is not "otherworldly" because she is human. A little dirtier and bloodier than most, but human nevertheless.

Good on you for giving it a shot, there's some things to like here. Technical details are fine, the model is doing some interesting things.

On the down side this is not nearly as novel an idea as one might think. If you've got a model that will get naked, pretty much the first thing that comes to mind is to make her dirty.

By far the biggest problem here, though, is that your location, props, and management of light are doing nothing whatsoever to support the concept. This is clearly a girl by a woodpile in the middle of the day with some balloons. You need to find some way to make us believe something else. The easiest way is to plunge everything in to darkness, which really helps with the sensation of scary wild creature, but you could go bright, or use artificial light in various ways. Anything to remove us from the mundane scene.

I really like this set. She is a great model, gorgeous, not afraid to get dirty and embrace freaky. My only thought is that the substance around the mouth in #2 an 3 isn't necessary and, for me, it kind of minimizes/trivializes the concept because the viewer does think "zombie" or "vampire." I'd rather she stay frankly human and think more that she is Desiree, tragically deciding to drown herself in the bayou - or something to that effect. If that makes sense! :)

Great shooting, regardless. Hope you can work with her again!

Not sure I like the Post processing..In 2 of the shots you have cropped through the head..

The last shot above is my favorite, although I don't really like the balloons. I don't mind the woodpile, nice contrast between harsh nature and the implied softness of the woman. I find the last one on the flicker page to be intriguing, maybe because it does obscure the immediate environment of the model (along the lines of what amolitor was saying above), giving more mystery to the scene. the blank sky is a little distracting, I prefer the shots without it. All in all, good idea with some intriguing results.

The Zombie Apocalypse is coming. :)

Thank goodness. Finally I'll be able to use all that ammo I stockpiled for Y2K. Can you believe that silliness, after all that - the moat, the sandbags, the gun emplacement on the roof, not one dang looter showed up. Sheesh. Kids these days.

I am just not seeing this concept coming together. Processing in b/w is probably not helping your case either. Your poses for her are leaning more toward sensual, rather than grime. The first one is more like a beauty head shot.

interesting work. liked the flickr!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back