grip for XTI

cameramike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedifilippo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wouldn't doubt that the official Canon ones are the best...but from what I can tell...the build quality may not be top of the line. Actually, it's probably a good match for an XTi...but I've seen people with 20Ds & 5Ds etc, who though that the quality of the grip didn't match the quality of their cameras.

The Canon ones are quite a bit more expensive than the other ones...so they might be a viable option. Just make sure it's got the buttons...I'm not sure about that last one.

I've been looking for a grip for my cameras...and there is brand on E-bay that claims to be made in the same factory as the Canon grips. It might be Opteka, but I'm not sure.

i got the canon one for my xti, 1000% better, and more comfortable to hold.

can't comment on the others though

thanks guys. i think i may just dish out the money for the canon. i've got a feeling I could spend less and it'd be fine and dandy but canons gotta be the best

I have the Targus grip (which looks pretty much identical to the Adorama grip you linked to) and I love it. Feels great, and looks good on the camera. It really makes me wish I'd gone for the black model though.

Also, the Digital Concepts grip you linked doesn't have the buttons. It's basically just a battery pack.

thanks soo much frxnz i totally missed that about the digital concepts! i'll give the targus a look, hehe got the black body the silver looked to strange.

well i have the opteka on my xti, i got it around 80$ with 2 batteries, it worked fine but sometimes the battery door didn't make a good contact with a pin, that pin is the one that controls the power, so i had to put a little tip of super glue in order to get the pin to make contact with the door and is working fine now. Maybe the canon didn't have that problem but that actually cost me a little bit of anger some times when i moved the door.
Anyways i do recommend getting one, you'll get tons of time without worrying about battery and you have your vertical release, which is GREAT!

Just go on amazon, look up the opteka one, and read all the reviews people had to say, summing it up, its basically like the canon grip, cept you have to press harder on the shutter, and it doesn't go flat against the body as well as the canon.

I also bought the canon one, no regrets, although, buy online i got mine from BHPhoto, as my local kits was trying to sell it for $50 more.

ya looks like opteka will be the one, everyone likes it. it not matching the body perfecty will bother me at first but for the price difference its worth it

I passed on a grip for my Rebel 300D, as the camera was big enough. After I bought the XTi, however, I was happy to purchase a Canon grip for it, since the camera, as is, is to small a fit for my hand. I find that the AA batteries and the extra handle area are a plus.

The BG-E3 grip is what you are looking for when it comes to the XT and XTI, I used mine, it helps in the low temps in MN for keeping the batteries running. Upgraded to a 40D and selling my grip on ebay. Make sure you get the hand strap with it.

ya looks like opteka will be the one, everyone likes it. it not matching the body perfecty will bother me at first but for the price difference its worth it

Soliciting here :)

I may be selling my opteka that fits that camera. It works great, but as people say, the shutter button might take getting used to (doesn't bother me now that i'm used to it after 20 shots)

The quality seems great other than that one nit-picky thing.

Selling it because I am selling my XT...the current people interested in the XT don't want the grip/batteries. The grip is only about a month old, same with the 4 batteries that come with it :)

I've got a grip on my Nikon, definitely a good investment. The real Nikon one fits and looks better than the 3rd party ones.

Not sure about Canon but I'd still go with the "real" one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back