Gritty Niagara Falls, New York

I liked the set, not all are winners but the compilation was a eye opener and sure had grit. I went to niagra falls and took photos of the falls (you know like a tourist) a while back. If this was all there then I clearly missed out as the falls gave no where near the artistic license. Thanks for posting.

tourists never see this side, thats not surprising. and thankyou!

where should the horizon usually be? in the middle correct?

I think what they are trying to tell you is that if you put 3 or 4 photos into a thread they would be able to give you constructive criticism. But to just start a thread and fill it will 50 photos of the same subject just over and over doesn't really give them much of an idea of what you are looking to learn. Lets face it, I was bored after the first 18.

Why didn't you throw up a NO 56K warning?!?!

:D
what does that mean

For people with slow internet connections, this thread will take a week and three days to load due to the number of pictures. It's customary to place a "Pic Heavy" warning for people that still have dial-up, and consequently still watch UHF television, and play ColecoVision.

where should the horizon usually be? in the middle correct?
I believe the reference was in reference to your tilted horizons, not necessarily that you should move the horizon in the frame. Try to be sure that your horizon line is level when shooting...if it's not, then take the time to fix it in post-processing. Also, some of the HDR was overdone and distracted from the set...

In my opinion, a photo set like this isn't going for artistic value. It's photojournalism...So focus on exposing the photo properly, keeping your horizon level, and letting the photos tell the story. You have some great photos that are very eye opening, don't overdo the processing and detract from that.

Thanks for sharing!

I like th pic with STOP!

Number 146 really got my attention lol. Nah really I got half way through and just speed scrolled. I lost interest then. I do like and respect getting this subject and i have risked my life at times to get shots like this outside the French quarter in New Orleans. It was more the mood of 2am. It would be nice to add some artistic creation to a shot. It can be done and would make viewers stop and look at it. not speed scroll.

Most reactions

Back