weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I stopped for a photo in this location way back in 2014 using an old 18-55mm kit lens that had a broken autofocus, fast forward 6 years and I'm back shooting with much better equipment and my photography skills have gotten better. Conditions were just about perfect and I couldn't resist stopping again to try and capture just a little bit of the stunning scenery in Wester Ross. This part of the North West coast is probably my favorite place to visit.

Gruinard Bay 02 by wee_pete, on Flickr

Man you get to some awesome places (and no doubt fish them too). Bet that's full of flatties and of course doggies.

Awesome view.

Thanks Jeff, I do like that viewpoint it's pretty stunning in person too!

Man you get to some awesome places (and no doubt fish them too). Bet that's full of flatties and of course doggies.

Yeah mate, I'm quite lucky having had the opportunity to visit a lot of our countryside. A lot of the time I'm working so don't always get to stop for any length of time, but I can normally stop for a couple of pics. I'll be back over in Islay breifly and heading to Shetland for a couple of days too before the end of the year so I'm hoping the weather plays ball.

Awesome view.

Thanks Jeff, I do like that viewpoint it's pretty stunning in person too!

Yeah mate, I'm quite lucky having had the opportunity to visit a lot of our countryside. A lot of the time I'm working so don't always get to stop for any length of time, but I can normally stop for a couple of pics. I'll be back over in Islay breifly and heading to Shetland for a couple of days too before the end of the year so I'm hoping the weather plays ball.

Shetland is brilliant, if you've not been there before. I was up there working for 5 months in '83 and back again for a couple of weeks in '84. Fantastic!! Probably changed a lot since then mind.

Shetland is brilliant, if you've not been there before. I was up there working for 5 months in '83 and back again for a couple of weeks in '84. Fantastic!! Probably changed a lot since then mind.

Yeah mate, been up there before a couple of times, done a lot of islands incliding the Fair Isle. One of the reasons I got into photography was going to these amazing places.

It's beautiful, wish I were there. Nice shooting.

Thanks Kirk, it was a cracking day to be fair. Can't always count on the weather in that part of the world, the microclimates caused by the sea and the mountains make the weather very unpredictable.

Excellent spot and a great image to show it off.

Thanks zombiesniper, I certainly liked it. We have a tourist route called the NC500 (standing for North Coast 500 miles) that's got some great scenery, this is just part of it. I'll need to do the whole route someday.

Last edited:
Beautiful image mate! There is so much for the eye to explore. My bucket list of places to visit has now stretched out the door!

I'll be visiting Scotland again one day.... need to get a tour of the Lagavulin distillery.....or move in. lol

Grand, I've been told Islay have a rugby festival and that's a fun time to visit. They also have a whisky festval but it's more commercial and touristy then. Jura is probably one of the more picturesque distilleries and there's a new one on Skye called Torbhaig (pronounced tor-vague) to look out for, should be very peaty and I think should see first bottles on the market this year. Lagavulin is a damn nice whisky any time of the year though!

Beautiful image mate! There is so much for the eye to explore. My bucket list of places to visit has now stretched out the door!

Thanks mate, I do like a composition with quite a lot to it so nice to get one that works. Quite pleased about being able to include the purple heather that's very much in bloom at the moment. Tried to include it in a few shots but it doesn't always work.

Most reactions

Back