Grumpy Old Pumpkins

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Passing through Wabasha MN yesterday and stopped for a leg stretch. They had a giant pumpkin display in the town center.

Joe

pumpkins_faces.jpg

pumpkins_wabsha.jpg

Wow. Wonder how they carved those. Almost liked they used a wood burner gun on them or some kind of laser etching.

Very cool. Hope you checked out the eagles while there.

Really grumpy............:)

Wow. Wonder how they carved those. Almost liked they used a wood burner gun on them or some kind of laser etching.

Very cool. Hope you checked out the eagles while there.

Glad you all liked them. Tomorrow I get to drive back home (wedding is over).

Joe

P.S. RowdyRay, Wabasha is a great place for eagle watching because of the rivers. We've got them all the way down the Mississippi Flyway now past my home in St. Louis. Here's an old snap I took a few years ago along the river south of St. Louis. You can count at least 40 bald eagles in that shot. I was standing on the river levee and I was surrounded by at least 200 bald eagles.

forty_eagles.jpg

I had no way of knowing. Very few people see that many eagles in one place. You can in Wabasha. It's also home to the National Eagle Center. Another reason so many are in the area.

Home page

Last edited:
Wow, I thought only Alaska had that many eagles together. Never knew anywhere in the lower 48 had so many.

I had no way of knowing. Very few people see that many eagles in one place. You can in Wabasha. It's also home to the National Eagle Center. Another reason so many are in the area.

Home page

Wow, I thought only Alaska had that many eagles together. Never knew anywhere in the lower 48 had so many.

Bald eagles are back all up and down the Mississippi. That group I ran into was unusually large -- lot of juveniles. Funny story -- I'm not a bird/wildlife shooter. I was out for a weekend drive along the river and I like to drive the levees when I can. I ran into that group on the levee a few miles south of the bridge at Chester Il. I nabbed that shot just for proof of what I'd seen. A couple hours later I made it to Reelfoot lake which is a bald eagle nesting spot and mecca for eagle photographers. Driving around the lake I saw a fellow lift a huge tripod from a car trunk and then what was obviously a very expensive monster Cannon telephoto lens. No doubt why he was there so I turned around and got out of the car and said hi. Then I told him I'd just seen a bunch of eagles a few hours earlier and showed him that snapshot. He wanted very detailed directions.

Joe

Most reactions

Back