Grund Church

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the Grund Frelsis Lutheran Church, in tiny Grund, Manitoba. When we headed to Grund, we were hoping to find a ghost town rich in abandonments. We found this instead, and no one complained.

Manitoba is home to the largest Icelandic community outside of Iceland.

p291646828-4.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Last edited:
BEAUTIFUL! Is this an hdr or something? The clouds seem to perfect? Or alot of editing with add layer mask and such in post?

Either way, its a winner.

On the technical side, you did alot right. The framing is perfect (rule of thirds followed very well), the exposure and focus are spot on, and it just works as a whole. The large amount of contrast is also nice, as the bright highlights of the clouds offset the darker colors, and outline the church well. Good job!

To me this looks like a photo taken with a polariser, the sun at a perfect angle, then skilfully converted into b&w. Am I right?

BEAUTIFUL! Is this an hdr or something? The clouds seem to perfect? Or alot of editing with add layer mask and such in post?
If that is a layer mask I'd love to know how to do it.
Thank you, guys! No HDR and no layers – I never use either. Just an incredible scene and a good exposure, is all.

To me this looks like a photo taken with a polariser, the sun at a perfect angle, then skilfully converted into b&w. Am I right?
I'm not sure, Corinna :) Judging by the cool temp of the RAW file, I'd say that it's very likely I did shoot this with a polarizer. (The image is four-months old, so I don't remember if I did :))

Thanks everybody!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back