What's new

Guess what this is!

Rifle barrel Springfield M1903 2 groove or is it M1917?
 
The innards of a toilet paper cardboard tube that's been chrome plated.
 
It's most definitely a rifle barrel and most definitely an old one, I date it to shortly after the turn of the century.

Come on OP, pray tell.
 
It's most definitely a rifle barrel and most definitely an old one, I date it to shortly after the turn of the century.

Come on OP, pray tell.

Damn, you were close. You're looking down the barrel of a Model 24 Mauser 7.92x57. 4 groove 1:9 1/4 RH twist.


It was shot with Canon T2i, 55mm, -5ev, f/5.6, 1/400
 
Damn! 8mm Mauser! I have had fun with that caliber. Currently I own a pristine M1908 in 7x57..... it's a tack-driver.
 
I found mine about 12 years ago at Big 5 for $60! It's in great shape and shoots incredibly well. Perfect for the beater I was looking for. All my friends were getting into SKSs... I wanted something a little different with a little more punch.
 
Back a few years ago when I was shooting K98's and M48's I could get Yugo surplus for .09 cent/rnd. and put 300 downrange without a care....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom