guesstamating focus......for a selfie

binga63

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
playing with a jupiter 9 85mm f2 nikon mount....manual focus guessing.....pretty sharp for a 53 yr old lens....still waiting for that chin I ordered from ebay.... ;)
_DSC7194.jpg

never heared of that lens. thank you for sharing!

Nice selfie! As for the chin (and any other parts you may consider ordering), the trick is to make sure you pick your grandparents right.

From a purely technical perspective, the location of the depth-of-field zone is pretty much perfect, getting the eyes sharp, with the tip of the nose being slightly blurred, and ears also blurred. The blurring gives the image a 3-D quality. I have tried to do proper selfies and have failed rather miserably, so your achievement at getting it just right is noted.

Came out good. Sometimes I put my camera back to focusing on the shutter button when I do this. Else I always use back button focus.

Came out good. Sometimes I put my camera back to focusing on the shutter button when I do this. Else I always use back button focus.
LOL ... I don't think any camera made could focus a 53 y/o Ruskie lens, regardless of what buttons you push.

I noticed on Amazon that chins are on backorder. But big flappy Obama ears have been discounted.

LOL ... I don't think any camera made could focus a 53 y/o Ruskie lens, regardless of what buttons you push.

I noticed on Amazon that chins are on backorder. But big flappy Obama ears have been discounted.

True! My only excuse is I'm not a Nikon guy. :02.47-tranquillity:

Very much a good focus point...as mentioned above, the nose being just ever so slightly OOF makes it look traditionally good.

I ordered a trump wig since the wife wants a spice of strange....

Nice selfie. Your chin is fine

Most reactions

Back