Guitar Boy

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$Guitarist 2 web.jpg

I think more focus should be given to the boy and his guitar, less on the luggage.

I think more focus should be given to the boy and his guitar, less on the luggage.

Thanks Joanne. I like this suitcase. I think without the suitcase the image would not be interesting.

I agree with Joanne ... The suitcase is too distracting... It maybe something that makes the image different, but not interesting... Maybe it helps if it's at some other place that less obvious...
Hmm , all these does not matter if you want the suitcase to be the focal point...

I agree with Joanne ... The suitcase is too distracting... It maybe something that makes the image different, but not interesting... Maybe it helps if it's at some other place that less obvious...
Hmm , all these does not matter if you want the suitcase to be the focal point...

Well, I could not move the suitcase.. And to be honest, I would not have done even if I could. It balances the composition and offers the story. Why is it there? Has this boy travelled to take part in an audition? BTW the sign to his left says "Candidate" . Is his father a street musician who left his boy with the suitcase and the guitar alone in the street for some reason? This is actually a very good guitar, not a cheap one definitely. If you look at the neck - the guitar is well played, but no scratches or marks on the body, it is a fine instrument. And there is no case or cover around. It was strange - the boy was alone with this huge suitcase and a pro level guitar. That was the "interesting" part. And that is why I took the picture. This, and also the colors, the balance and the light - just formal things, but I liked it.
I appreciate your point of view, and probably you expected another kind of image. And I could easily have framed it differently. A closer shot with the boy to the left in the frame, looking into the frame - it would a traditional street portrait, and that would be boring, to be honest.

Last edited:
I like it, it's got depth and a story, it's well lit and well shot too and I like the unusual composition, but what are those blue blobs on the suitcase?

I like it, it's got depth and a story, it's well lit and well shot too and I like the unusual composition, but what are those blue blobs on the suitcase?

Thanks, weepete. I can not see any blobs on my monitor, where exactly is it?
But I see some blue fringing on white parts now, that I have overlooked.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back