Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
huntersun.jpg

That is an absolutely gorgeous shot!

Thanks.. I was trying to figure out if I wanted to crop in or not. I been reading a lot about composition and there is a big contradiction on "breathing room" and "fill the frame" and ended up with this.
Thanks

HA@.jpg

I almost tossed this image. This was in between setting ambient and flash.
I think it's interesting to see the before and afters...
Anyway, have a good weekend y'all

I prefer the darker second shot.i don't think it needs to be cropped; in fact, I think you have just the right amount of environment surrounding him.Solid composition.

Thanks.. I was trying to figure out if I wanted to crop in or not. I been reading a lot about composition and there is a big contradiction on "breathing room" and "fill the frame" and ended up with this.
Thanks
A successful composition usually involves many factors working in concert. You probably shouldn't arbitrarily give one more weight than another. Instead, consider all factors to find out which one deserves the emphasis.

Take, for instance the one in your other thread where this model is leaning on a fence. I would have cropped the right side just to give more importance to your model. I'm not on my office computer, or I would show you where I would crop it. When you use your cropping tool, does it show you the "thirds"?

In the shot above, the proportions are awkward, and the structure in the background is distracting. I do like the harder light in the second version. If your model was a girl, and with no background structure, then soft light and blur would be appropriate.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back