H...D...R. what is it?

First, I'm sorry, but although this question has been asked 1000 times, I think it was still able to be posted in this here forum :wink:.
The summary of this forum says: "This is the forum for more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, and other techniques and controls!"

Second, why do people get so uptight about if something IS in the wrong forum? I either answer the question, ignore it, or offer to the OP that they may get better results in X forum. I see no reason for the responses of nothing helpful but, "this is the wrong forum." That's what the mods get paid the big bucks for :lmao:

Anyway, to the OP, welcome to the forum. Most of the people here are more bark than bite :p

I have reported this post to a forum mod. I'm sorry but it just makes too much sense. In my opinion, your response is inflammatory and will easily offend the people who get easily offended. I don't think you belong here.

I have reported this post to a forum mod. I'm sorry but it just makes too much sense. In my opinion, your response is inflammatory and will easily offend the people who get easily offended. I don't think you belong here.

i'm interested to know what you found worthy of a report in her post? it seemed pretty light hearted to me..

I'm quit sure that was a joke...you know funny funny haha.

internet-serious-business-cat-thumb.jpg

It's a good/typical question for either forum in my opinion.

A beginner often doesn't know that HDR is a more intermediate or advanced process.

There is no one-stop photography information web site, and I do recommend learning to use various resources for research. Opinions vary greatly and some folks don't know what they are talking about, let alone have experience or expertise.

I'm impressed that someone read the guideline header above the forum.

Going off topic a bit is natural. Obvious misposting detracts from the potential effectiveness of the site as a whole. I do understand that in most cases visitors don't take photography seriously and are more concerned with bull**** and miscatagorize purposely. Again, that's a reason why forums can't be relied on.

HDR is High Dynamic Range. By shooting multiple exposures a photographer can increase the range of color depth of an image. Now that's just my opinion. A couple years ago I seen some impressive examples. Since then I've produced several thousand HDR images both for commercial and personal purposes. I really don't care about the technical definition. The technique works for me. I recommend not worrying about it until one can make consistant decently exposed photos. Once a photographer can do that, well, chances are they are no longer a beginner.

My apology if my original response seemed curt and unresponsive. It was the best I could come up with so you could determine for yourself what it is, and if you are ready for it.

awesome, i like causing raucus.

Thanks for the input and all your coments, none of this is taken personal. i used to work colections and occasionally id have a client who i would call a "telephone tough guy" for obvious reasons.

being empathetic, i can understand how someone would get tired of answering the same questions over and over, and if i was one such person, i simply wouldnt answer, but for the people who dont mind helping someone out and did leave me a place to start, i apreciate the direction you pointed me in, and now with my limited internet time i can hit some sites with good intent.

Im buying an imac soon, and ill be very interested in compiling a HDR image, and as soon as i do, ill post it for you all to see.

**Will the apature app on apple computers allow me to create a hdr??

thanks for the help.

Darn, I just found out that I am a beginner even with 50 years of experience in photography. I did not know what HDR meant, now I do but I still don't know why. I know what it looks like but I still do not know why.
The thing that impressed me about this forum was that almost everyone would take the time and effort to try to answer questions and make suggestions, and to provide helpful criticism. People like HelenB who got frustrated and now we have lost her voice, and Big Bully and Big Mike, and Myalover. It would have taken only a few key strokes to answer the question- why be a butt about it. Yes, I can look things up. Most of my life is research. But if I have a quick question, I want a quick answer even if it has been asked and answered 1,000,000 times. Not a self serving snobbish A--H--- rant about not posting in the proper place. So bite off and go play with your better than everyone else's image catcher and your clique of friends that really care that you think you are the Alpha and Omega of the photo world- By the way that means the beginning and the end in case you were not sure.
If you can't say something helpful don't open your pie hole.
Just My Humble Opinion
Judge Sharpe
PS Lyncca I apologise for my outburst in front of a Lady.

Darn, I just found out that I am a beginner even with 50 years of experience in photography. I did not know what HDR meant, now I do but I still don't know why. I know what it looks like but I still do not know why.
The thing that impressed me about this forum was that almost everyone would take the time and effort to try to answer questions and make suggestions, and to provide helpful criticism. People like HelenB who got frustrated and now we have lost her voice, and Big Bully and Big Mike, and Myalover. It would have taken only a few key strokes to answer the question- why be a butt about it. Yes, I can look things up. Most of my life is research. But if I have a quick question, I want a quick answer even if it has been asked and answered 1,000,000 times. Not a self serving snobbish A--H--- rant about not posting in the proper place. So bite off and go play with your better than everyone else's image catcher and your clique of friends that really care that you think you are the Alpha and Omega of the photo world- By the way that means the beginning and the end in case you were not sure.
If you can't say something helpful don't open your pie hole.
Just My Humble Opinion
Judge Sharpe
PS Lyncca I apologise for my outburst in front of a Lady.

Way to go Judge:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back