H...D...R. what is it?

thephotoroom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So im kinda new here and I've seen what you folks are calling HDR shots,
what is it, how can i do it, the colors and range are incredible.

Enlighten me.

thanks

first, this belongs in the beginner section.....
If one does not know what HDR is, how is one to know it is not "beyond the basics"?

I agree with searching. One should at least try to find an answer on one's own.

I'm so glad you posted this MrRodgers. I was trying to figure it out as well. I'm just glad you got yelled at and not me. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

If one does not know what HDR is, how is one to know it is not "beyond the basics"?

I agree with searching. One should at least try to find an answer on one's own.

Because 1. The OP is a beginner regardless of what he is asking, and 2. 99% of anything that begins with "What is *insert subject matter*?" is a beginner question. Anything that is asking a question of not even knowing what it is is a beginner question.

What is a antimatter is a beginner question even though it's a complex answer (if asked on a science forum).

How do you think antimatter could be contained or harnessed... might be a more complex question.

And I agree....everybody should learn to search for their answer before asking....chances are you'll find your answer more quickly. If you can't find it in a search, then create a new post about it.

Man.. do people not know how to figure stuff out on their own?

If i can't figure something searching it on the Web... THEN i come to the forums..

bunch of lazy people.. *sigh*

woah people, relax. I'm new to this yes.

This is a website devoted to the development of a photographer right? I would asume a beginer photographer has a canon digital alph or a coolpix, and not a dslr, so i thought this was the right forum for my question. HDR as ive learned is an "Exposure method" is it not?

The internet is a bunch of unverified information that anyone can put out there for anyone to read. Who am i to know if what im reading is fact or fiction? Thats why i signed up here.

I dont have a lot of time with access to the intenet so i dont have hours to surf through articles and articles and pages of pages to find out a ton of info that i have to disect to find semi-truth on the matter, ehem antimatter.

All i was hoping for was for someone who may have a link to a credible page that gives the basic explanation of what hdr is and how its done. If im still intrigued than yes, i would go to the library or work and sit infront of a monitor for a few hours and hack it out.

more art less ego! ;)

woah people, relax. I'm new to this yes.

This is a website devoted to the development of a photographer right? I would asume a beginer photographer has a canon digital alph or a coolpix, and not a dslr, so i thought this was the right forum for my question. HDR as ive learned is an "Exposure method" is it not?

The internet is a bunch of unverified information that anyone can put out there for anyone to read. Who am i to know if what im reading is fact or fiction? Thats why i signed up here.

I dont have a lot of time with access to the intenet so i dont have hours to surf through articles and articles and pages of pages to find out a ton of info that i have to disect to find semi-truth on the matter, ehem antimatter.

All i was hoping for was for someone who may have a link to a credible page that gives the basic explanation of what hdr is and how its done. If im still intrigued than yes, i would go to the library or work and sit infront of a monitor for a few hours and hack it out.

more art less ego! ;)

I understand where you are coming from, but this same question gets old answering it when it's asked 20 times a week. You say you don't have a lot of time on the internet, but to learn about this hobby takes time.

Also, most beginners on here have a DSLR and very few on here actually use a Point and Shoot as their main camera. The internet is full of bad info...I agree, but ThePhotoForum is not and we do have a search function on this site.....that's what people meant when they said to search. Literally 1-2 minutes of searching for "HDR" using this function would have yielded you an answer to your question explained 10 different ways.

It's not the lack of searching by new members that gets me, it's the defensiveness they have when we tell them that searching on ThePhotoForum will yield them faster answers than a new thread on most of these common questions.

Edit: And I'm not trying to be harsh to you at all and we love having new members on the forum (at least I know I do) because we all love looking at photographs taken by others.....just explaining how searching before posting helps the forum run more smoothly. I honestly still search for an answer to this day before posting a new thread and I've been on here for over a year.

more art less ego! ;)

lol... you tell em...

don't worry about those cranky responses from the forumers who basically sit around here and blither all day... they act as if you just took a dump in their cornflakes because you are new and asking noob questions.... I apologize to you on behalf of my short tempered forum bretheren...

i must now go back to sitting around all day blithering...

lol... you tell em...

don't worry about those cranky responses from the forumers who basically sit around here and blither all day... they act as if you just took a dump in their cornflakes because you are new and asking noob questions.... I apologize to you on behalf of my short tempered forum bretheren...

i must now go back to sitting around all day blithering...

You know the funny part now that I sit back and look at it? Any of us "GO SEARCH" guys could have answered his question as fast as telling him to go search.

HDR is multiple exposures of the same scene combined through a program like photomatix or photoshop to increase the dynamic range of a photo.

/thread

First, I'm sorry, but although this question has been asked 1000 times, I think it was still able to be posted in this here forum :wink:.
The summary of this forum says: "This is the forum for more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, and other techniques and controls!"

Second, why do people get so uptight about if something IS in the wrong forum? I either answer the question, ignore it, or offer to the OP that they may get better results in X forum. I see no reason for the responses of nothing helpful but, "this is the wrong forum." That's what the mods get paid the big bucks for :lmao:

Anyway, to the OP, welcome to the forum. Most of the people here are more bark than bite :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back