Haaaalloween Special: Spooooooky and piiiic heeeaavvy

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When Virginia City, Nevada was a boooooming mining town with a population greater than Los Angeles, The Washoe Club was a thriving boarding house serving the hiiighest paid miners in the world. The pay of four dollars a day, compared with 80 cents a day elsewhere, was high because of the extreeemely high fatality rate. Soooo many tenants of the boarding house died, they had an in-house crypt for cooolld storage of booodies. Over 70 corpses after one disaster. Waiting for spring to be buuuried.

Featured on tv's Ghost Hunters, the Washoe Club is one of the hauntedest and spooookiest places in America! You can enter IF YOU DARE, aaand if you have 8 dollars for a 35 minute tour.

1 Crreeeaky Stairway
Washoe Club-1-4.jpg

2 There's a ghost floating around of Lena, who had her throat slit (murder)
We were with our friend Lena, Who Once Had Her Throat Slit!!!!! (surgery)
Washoe Club-2.jpg

3 creeeepy ceiling
Washoe Club-11.jpg

4 Mirror "made with diamond dust"
Washoe Club-5.jpg

5 rolling chair to make scaaaary noises downstairs
Washoe Club-8.jpg

6 BOO!!! Gotcha
Washoe Club-10.jpg

7 Said to be the ceiling from a tenant that was a bullwhip performer. Don't ask about his roooommate
Washoe Club-9.jpg

8 Room with a "100 mile view"
Washoe Club-1-6.jpg

9 Nowhere to Jump
Washoe Club-4.jpg

10 Lots of shots looking up to avoid the other tourgoers
Washoe Club-6.jpg

11 Staircase to the Millionaire's Club, where you'd find the highest of society's poker room
Washoe Club-1-2.jpg

Washoe Club-3.jpg

Washoe Club-1-5.jpg

14 Corpse Eye View. Looking up from the bottom of the crypt. Truly creepy. Happy Halloween!
Washoe Club-1-3.jpg

Attachments

• Washoe Club-7.jpg
    Washoe Club-7.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 92
These are great! Love the processing. Composition and framing of 11 is really good!

As far as creepiness, I’m liking the attached one (not numbered), 12, 8, and 1. The shadow in #1 is great.

Great set and story. Very nicely done. #11 took me a while to figure out and I like it.

Nicely done.

These are great! Love the processing. Composition and framing of 11 is really good!

As far as creepiness, I’m liking the attached one (not numbered), 12, 8, and 1. The shadow in #1 is great.

Thanks waday!

Great set and story. Very nicely done. #11 took me a while to figure out and I like it.
Thank you. It's a structurally interesting staircase in that it was built without screws or nails - entirely glue and dowel construction, and only attached at the top and bottom with no middle support.

Nicely done.
Thank you

Reactions: PJM
thank you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back