"Habitat"

That's the great thing about art.......everyone sees things differently.
Yes and that can easily become the most convenient excuse for bad piece of work.... seriously, 4 years with art students taught me how to bull ****. When a critic session doesn't end in their favor, they just say,"Oh it's up to you to read what it is..."

While people see things differently in art, that in itself I don't thing holds something up. I agree completely that this is an excuse for aimless, directionless artists.

[...]it's about nothing... should have thought about it earlier!

But really, i think you're just being obstinate by saying you see nothing. Not even as mundane as the variety of textures found in nature or conceptual such as letting nature simply 'be' without being confined to our pattern seeking instincts?

Simply because I did not convey a message within your lexicon does not mean that it's meaningless, only that your experiences, values and expectations do not match my own. If I competely don't understand something, then I assume it's my fault, not the artists. Is it about nothing, or is not about anything which you value as important?

Art for me is not so much about communication, it's about understanding the world we live in. Appreciating art is about understanding others' world view.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back