What's new

Had a motorcycle group meet & greet today. ~Getting used to the a77~

ConradM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
605
Reaction score
62
Location
Boise
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Brought the a77 out to play and left it on AF. It was spot on 99% of time which pretty much blows my mind. This camera is going to make me lazy... :mrgreen:













My a33 would never lock on that well or fast..
 
Anyone else use manual focus less and less with an a65/77?
 
Nice job Conrad, I hope we get some of that weather here in Ohio soon! I think the focus hunting problems with your A33 might have to do with the glass mounted to it. Try a comparison between DT 2.8 & DT 3.5-5.6, I bet the 2.8 nails it more consistently. It could be the focusing mode your using too, 90% of the time I use the 1 center focus point, this go's for all 4 of my Sony bodies A200, A560, A65, & A77.
Last week I was shooting some eagles in my back yard with my A560 and a Tamron 200-500 and the 1 center focus point seemed to work well.
 
Nice job Conrad, I hope we get some of that weather here in Ohio soon! I think the focus hunting problems with your A33 might have to do with the glass mounted to it. Try a comparison between DT 2.8 & DT 3.5-5.6, I bet the 2.8 nails it more consistently. It could be the focusing mode your using too, 90% of the time I use the 1 center focus point, this go's for all 4 of my Sony bodies A200, A560, A65, & A77.
Last week I was shooting some eagles in my back yard with my A560 and a Tamron 200-500 and the 1 center focus point seemed to work well.

I've just been using the zones so far. I love that I can just toggle between the 3 on the fly.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom