Had Money

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Should have bought some camera gear, but I couldn't resist the lure of I pod any longer... now I can listen to music all day long with my I pod mini.

The design of everything from the box to the device is soooo cool, hats off to apple.

There's big problems with I-Pods apparently. They're not as tough as first thought and the hdd's are packing up. :(
I've always thought they were really expensive for what they were. If I were to get another mp3 player I'd probably get a RIO.

Other than the sleek design and storage space, what exactly is special about iPod?

It uses a hdd so has moving parts. As it gets bashed about things go out of alignment. Others use normal memory so don't have that problem.
Other than that, the only special thing I know about it which stands it out from the rest is the marketing.

it's a beautifully designed bit of kit... the issue I know about is the cost of replacing the Li-Ion battery when it can't be recharged anymore, but I also hear it lasts quite well. So i'm not sure whats going on maybe people are MAC bashing as usually happens.

Love that avatr btw ferny, makes me grin every time I see it.

don't listen to ferny! apple is almighty and completely flawless! :sexywink:
In truth, though, the iPods are pretty sweet. Just as long as you don't drop it often, or throw it against a brick wall daily, or feed it to your dog to see how it comes out the other end, it should hold up well for you. You know apple also now has the tiny $99 iPod "shuffle". Kind of cool if you're not really that much into selecting which songs you listen to. I personally love the full-size ipods. I've got a year-old 40GB that's holding up really well. I also have one of the original 5GB models, but that stopped functioning when... well, let's just say it got damaged somehow ;-) (and I bet it would still be working fine if I hadn't done the stupid thing I did to it)

heh well thats good to hear... I feel slightly better about my purchase now ;)

or feed it to your dog to see how it comes out the other end
:lol:

Love that avatr btw ferny, makes me grin every time I see it.
Thanks. I took a lot of effort to steal it. :mrgreen:

I'm not iPod bashing, just giving you stuff I've heard from someone who spoke to someone... :oops:
Apparently Apple have the ability to make mp3 players which don't use moving parts but it isn't any better than what is out there already by other companies. By the time they bring it to the market it'll be outdated. They're working on new things though. But that's just what I've heard.

If I were to bash an mp3 player I'd bash Yelo. I got one of theirs years ago because it was cheap and had great reviews from the few places to know about it. It was great until it packed up one day for no reason. Still, the two 16mb mmc cards work in my new digital camera. I just have to wait a week between button clicks. :mrgreen:

I wasn't saying it was you that was MAC bashing ferny, merely pointing out that it happens a lot. And Jeff thats a good point, I didn't think about it like that... it's my new moblie HD for backing up pictures... not for listening to hour after hour of music.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back