Thanks Ron, I appreciate the time you took to address this issue--the focusing ability was my main concern. Yes, it is good to get focusing to Infinity and beyond (strange concept, beyond Infinity...). I ask because, right now, Minolta MD and MC lenses are all over the auction sites...since Minolta abandoned their old manual focus mount, the lenses are now orphans,and I'd been wondering about the G1 as a way to use some lenses I have no current body for. I saw a full set of Minolta primes at a second hand shop last month for $125. That got me thinking....WHAT could those be used on, today??
I think I would really like the way the EVF-type cameras "brighten up" an older,adapted lens that is stopped down to working aperture---making that "type" of camera with the electronic viewfinder system pretty close to idea when working with older, adapted lenses.
Thanks again.