Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Fun shot of Cricket's toes.

P1010608sm.jpg

Takumar 55/1.8 on Panasonic G1

Love it, I just had to respond to post titled "Hairy toes"

theres a little spec of something in the bottom left corner that i would clone out but cute photo :)

Cute cat detail shot! I like cats quite a bit, and have had a number of them over the years. So Ron, how is the whole "adapted lenses on Pani" thing working out for you? Can you take a moment to characterize how easy or difficult it is to focus legacy lenses on this new camera? What are your thoughts? I'd sure like to hear them. What works, what doesn't?

Love it, I just had to respond to post titled "Hairy toes"

:thumbup:

I was totally expecting to see some kind of photo of your feet propped up on a desk or something....:lol:

Thanks folks for your comments.

Cute cat detail shot! I like cats quite a bit, and have had a number of them over the years. So Ron, how is the whole "adapted lenses on Pani" thing working out for you? Can you take a moment to characterize how easy or difficult it is to focus legacy lenses on this new camera? What are your thoughts? I'd sure like to hear them. What works, what doesn't?

Well Derrel, I don't have a lot of experience yet but so far I am pleased with using old glass. It permits me to get faster lenses at low cost compared to the native glass. I have adapters for Minolta, Pentax K & 42mm that permit focus to slightly beyond infinity which beats some that do not allow focus to infinity. My four Minolta & one Tacumar impart a blue colour cast that must be corrected in post unless I were to shoot a white card for each session. I wear glasses but still find it relatively easy to focus these lenses even in low light because the electronic view finder on the G1 boosts the light level nicely. I sometimes will check my focus using the magnified focus option & usually find I am spot on or very close. The downside would be the lack of image stabilization when using longer lenses.

Here is a shot from this morning using a Minolta 55mm F1.7 wide open.

P1010619sm.jpg

I have three more legacy lenses in the mail I purchased on e-bay, all for 130C$ including shipping.

Thanks Ron, I appreciate the time you took to address this issue--the focusing ability was my main concern. Yes, it is good to get focusing to Infinity and beyond (strange concept, beyond Infinity...). I ask because, right now, Minolta MD and MC lenses are all over the auction sites...since Minolta abandoned their old manual focus mount, the lenses are now orphans,and I'd been wondering about the G1 as a way to use some lenses I have no current body for. I saw a full set of Minolta primes at a second hand shop last month for $125. That got me thinking....WHAT could those be used on, today??

I think I would really like the way the EVF-type cameras "brighten up" an older,adapted lens that is stopped down to working aperture---making that "type" of camera with the electronic viewfinder system pretty close to idea when working with older, adapted lenses.

Thanks again.

great title, had to check it out and i think its a cool picture. Very clear and great fur texture.

it is good to get focusing to Infinity and beyond (strange concept, beyond Infinity...)

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but this makes me laugh, im think of the good ol days of one upmaship as a kid... "you think your lens is cool mine goes to infinity +1" lol

it is good to get focusing to Infinity and beyond (strange concept, beyond Infinity...)
I have no idea what you guys are talking about but this makes me laugh, im think of the good ol days of one upmaship as a kid... "you think your lens is cool mine goes to infinity +1" lol

Laf, yes a bid of a head twister. What it means is that you get infinity focus before the lens is cranked all the way in. If you go past then infinity goes out of focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back