Half Moon

Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not a really great shot - But i think it came out ok can see the craters etc...

moon140308.jpg

Did you shoot this hand held or on a tripod?

I'd try it again, on a tripod, using the self timer and mirror lock up if you have it.

Did you shoot this hand held or on a tripod?

I'd try it again, on a tripod, using the self timer and mirror lock up if you have it.

It was on a tripod but maybe i should have had the speed a little faster (this was at 1/40) ? (friend was saying get movement of moon a bit at lower speeds think he said under 1/60?) - ive done a few others with faster speeds that probably came out a little better in some ways

Will try with the mirror lock up etc/self timer next time :)

This is a couple of the hand held ones from last month.

full_moon.jpg

half_moon.jpg

I would say your speed is fine since during the eclipse I had some shots upwards of 4sec and they were fine. From what I noticed 6sec or more you start to see movement in the moon. It is a hard object to get 100% in focus, and i think that is whats wrong in these pictures of yours.

When I shoot the moon with my Xti + 75-300mm lens. I use f/8 @ 250/s - 320/s (at 300mm) but I always use manual focus since my AF just doesn't get it right somehow.

I have done some with & without mirror lockup and it didn't make a difference for me, I guess the shutter is fast enough. I always use the timer or remote switch for the shutter though so maybe you should try that if you haven't and see if it makes a difference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back