Hand Built

Mullen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
handmadewoodentruss800xih7.jpg

I think that the lines on this make for a great possible subject. Here's my blush: The clipped end of the ridge bugs me, and I think that if you're going for a full frame shot that the posts should also touch the ground. Last thing is the exposure. The bottom middle of the rafter is blown out, and so is the grass behind it. I love contrasty images but i think this one might be a bit too contrasty.

The clipped end of the ridge bugs me, and I think that if you're going for a full frame shot that the posts should also touch the ground. Last thing is the exposure. The bottom middle of the rafter is blown out, and so is the grass behind it. I love contrasty images but i think this one might be a bit too contrasty.

I have the tip of the ridge in the original image, just accidentally cut it off with the frame. There is a gate at the other end that didn't fit the 'antiquity' of the rest of the barn, so I tried to keep it out and cut the posts in half during the process. As for the exposure, I was trying to deal with some parts that were shaded and some that were in direct sunlight.

I tried these trusses again today. Nearly fell off the hay bales a few times due to wind gusts, but managed to get a couple different perspectives.

trusswithdramaticcloudscl0.jpg

handbuilttruss2800dm6.jpg

I think both of the second shots came out well. I really like the first one. What is the little blip in the upper left of the picture?

Most reactions

Back