What's new

Hand cut dovetail kit

Don Kondra

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
1,637
Reaction score
904
Location
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Current project includes hand cutting dovetails in six drawers for a ladies dresser.

In anticipation of this I've just received a coping saw from Knew Concepts and a marking gauge from Lie Nielsen, an upgrade if you will from more traditional tools :sexywink:

Everything you need to hand cut dovetails..

Dovetailgear.jpg


The lighting set up...

Dovetailshootsetup.jpg


Cheers, Don
 
Sometimes wish I had the time to get back into woodworking...


This is just a matter of taste and I didn't always use this technique but here is one set up I used sometimes when I didn't want as many shadows as you have here. I would set up the objects on top of a piece of glass with a fairly thin piece of paper/material on top of the glass and blast light from below.
 
Thanks for that, I'm sure others may find it helpful.

I find I use that technique less and less as I come to appreciate the added dimension that shadows lends to objects.

Cheers, Don
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom