Hand Held HDR

Rick50

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was taken at the Mission in San Juan Capistrano, CA today. Since the hallways are pretty dark under direct sunlight I thought I would try HDR even though I was hand holding. This one came out the best but you can see the miss alignment in the arches on this near end. 3 shots 1 stop apart.
I might try play in Photoshop a bit. This was done in Photomatix Pro and Lightroom only.

What say you?

141018-5346hdr-L.jpg

looks good to me, course I know you love to spend time playing around with these.

nice photo.

looks good to me, course I know you love to spend time playing around with these.

nice photo.
Thanks, You can see the flaw in edge of the 1st full arch.

I like the way the columns lead into the picture, but the blown out background between the first two columns draws too much attention away from the focus of your picture. If I cover the overexposed part, I enjoy the picture alot more.

I like the way the columns lead into the picture, but the blown out background between the first two columns draws too much attention away from the focus of your picture. If I cover the overexposed part, I enjoy the picture alot more.
Thanks, This often happens on bright sunny days. If I had a tripod I could have done more exposures and thus removed the blown out area.

What camera are you using? I find that using the 2 second timer with bracketing really helps on my 7D... Using that I can have the camera rapid-fire the three shots with one push of the shutter, it helps to eliminate some of the issues you mentioned above.

Nice picture. I agree with earlier comments about the flaws not being really noticeable.

Most reactions

Back