Hand Made Chocolates Close Up

sm3g

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Friend of mine works as a chocolatier at a little local farm place out of the city. Often brings little goodies to try, few weeks back she had a box with some awesome looking ones, took a photo:

DSC_0210 by Sam Wardlaw, on Flickr

Was trying to focus on the one meant to look like earth - decided to black out the rest of the photo.

D3300 W/18-55mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 55.0 mm
  • 1/640
Not sure I was 100% spot on with the focus here, thoughts?

Yeah they really are to die for, nicest chocolates!!!

Selective color gets really old, really quickly
Haha I am starting to get a feeling that is a common viewpoint in these forums :p. I am relatively new to it all still so am experimenting with all the things! I have a long list of stuff I want to try just because I wanna see if I can do it (Manual Bracketting, Focus Stacking, Light Painting)..this was just one on the list!

The biggest problem for me is that the selective coloring means this doesn't look like chocolate. I honestly wouldn't have known if you hadn't told us. I know you want to draw attention to the blue one, but even in full color it will be surrounded by dark brown. It will still be the brightest object, and we'll still be drawn to it. I think there's a lot of potential in this photo, I just don't think selective coloring is helping.

The biggest problem for me is that the selective coloring means this doesn't look like chocolate. I honestly wouldn't have known if you hadn't told us. I know you want to draw attention to the blue one, but even in full color it will be surrounded by dark brown. It will still be the brightest object, and we'll still be drawn to it. I think there's a lot of potential in this photo, I just don't think selective coloring is helping.
Fair point! I may well just upload the same photo in full colour for comparison this evening :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back