Handling Rosacea and other problem areas?

wildmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How do you process a photo of someone who has rosacea (the reddening of the cheeks and/or nose due to increased blood vessels in that area)?

Yes, it's me. Don't laugh. I had surgery when I was 5mo old, and my mouth and nose droop. I'm a great practice case, by the way, LOL. One eye is bigger than the other, one nostril is bigger and hangs lower, my mouth droops, I have big pores, and I have rosacea on my cheeks and chin and psoriasis around my eyes and on my forehead. Pththth. Oh, and you can see that I need to re-dye my hair. :meh: Anyway, here it is (this was taken just so I could practice. No fun lighting or anything was employed). Sorry it's blurry. It's hard to take pictures of yourself!

6gcxzzb.jpg

I don't see a photo *edit* (Oh, there it is)

As for processing. Try a Google search for photoshop+skin. You will get thousands of hits. There are any number of different techniques.

I usually start with the healing brush (band-aid in Photoshop). That can usually get rid of spots fairly well. Then I use the clone stamp tool at a low opacity and with a soft edged brush. Then, to really smooth things out, I might create a duplicate layer and apply gausian blur. I set it quite blurry but then dial down the opcity of the layer. Then I create a layer mask to cover all of the blur layer. Then I use a soft bush with low opacity and with white as the paint color...I paint the layer mask, which paints the blur back onto the image. This way, I only blur the areas of skin that I want...rather than other things like hair & eyes.

My kids had miserable baby acne and one has eczema - both are accident prone and are forever bruised or scratched up. I use a combination of the spot remover tool (can't remember the name), selecting and removing the red tones, desaturating, and blurring it out. I'm usually pretty sucessful with that combo - it's trial and error, depending on what I'm dealing with at the moment and how rough or dark it is.

I don't see a photo :scratch:

As for processing. Try a Google search for photoshop+skin. You will get thousands of hits. There are any number of different techniques.

http://i18.tinypic.com/6gcxzzb.jpg

ARGHGHGHGHGHGH.................sorry for the rant, but "google it" is my LEAST FAVORITE reply to any post. Why have a forum at all? Why not just have a link to Google?? I wanted to know how you all handle it. Not some random person I've googled. [/end of rant] :hugs:

OK, this only took a few minutes and it's rough, but to give you an idea:

face_edited-1.jpg

Thanks, Stella! You've made it so that it looks like a nice glow to the skin, rather than a skin problem. :) (can you get rid of my grey hair, hee hee)

I'm going to have to try your suggestions now!

In PS you can "adjust color for skin tone" and you just click around until you like it - it gets rid of flourescent glare and other wierd tones.

And yes, grey hair is no problem, either. Want to be a redhead? That can be arranged.

I had a try, I hope you don't mind

6gcxzzb.jpg

Very glamorous! I was just thinking I should have lightened her up a little, but was too lazy to go back.

I also wanted to take her head off the platter or whatever that is... it's driving me nuts.

Very glamorous! I was just thinking I should have lightened her up a little, but was too lazy to go back.

I also wanted to take her head off the platter or whatever that is... it's driving me nuts.

What are you talking about? I have no body. I've got to rest my head on something.... :lmao:

Great job, Mike! You even made me smile! How'd you do THAT?? :D

What can I say? The ladies always smile around me :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back