Hands of Bash

PreludeX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hands.jpg

I like this one because I was a mason for years. I have a strong relationship with stones and I think rock bashing rock is symbolic of pre history. Good lighting. The depth of field is a little shallow. Personally I think that studio situations are deserving of ƒ16 or higher.

ya, i was bracketing and this was the best exposure although i was originally at f16.. i like the pic... i used a small soft box from the left on the pic and then had another head from high on the right with a 11" reflector and a spot grid... then i had another head with a 7" reflector and snoot coming from just left of my camera pointing down... all shooting was done with my 35mm at 1/125th of a second

I really like it. When I first saw it I thought it was in slow motion, looks very calm and serene, but then when I thought about it the image of someone bashing a rock with another I get the image of a fast, hard and powerful tone. You pulled off this torn effect perfectly by showing the rock at rest, not in motion. I'm not sure how a larger DoF would look or what it would do for me, but if anything I'd like to see a little more of the bottom left corner, where the entire rock is visible. It would look more serene and tranquil IMO, as it is now I look and wonder how big the rock is, what's out there further, etc. Well done, I really enjoy it the way it is though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back