Happy New POTUS to our American friends

Yup... Congrats to the peaceful transfer of power and authority.

BTW... racism is not mentioning that someone is black, white, asian... or whatever. It is a statement of truth. B. Obama IS the first non-white president of the U.S. There is nothing racist about that statement. Racism is using that fact to fuel hatred and prejudice.

For what it's worth, his version was right, Judge Roberts flubbed it. Wherever you put the word "faithfully" in that sentence, it works correctly... just didn't sound as momentous as it should have, that's for sure.

Voting for someone because s/he is black (and the effect that might have on a culture) is a perfectly viable reason to vote for someone.

The program that showcased voters who decided based on race may say more about the editor and broadcaster than the election results. Whether CNN, BBC, FOX, or Al Jazeera (to move from left to right) all of them are interested in noting the first non-white POTUS.

"Mainstream Media"... LOL, love that phrase. Gotta give props to Roger Ailes for finding a recurring audience for a media product.

If it had been Clinton then people would be noting it is our first Female president.

Yes this is true. We do still need to quit focusing on sex and gender as well. I hope to see the day we elect a homosexual midget president and when he gets sworn in people say "finally our first president that cares about blahblahblah issue".

Smooth, cool, calm, and collected Mr. President..... Thank you for the congrats Iron Flatline...Lets hope we can all do it. We're in deep sh*t.

It was all over the news here in Canuckville. I was impressed with his poise up there, in front of millions and the silence of the crowd when he spoke. I would have cracked.
But these two lines caught my attention tho. .

"but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist. "

"know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy"

Pretty moving stuff .

These are the same 2 lines that stopped me in my tracks. I know it's political rhetoric, but I hope he can accomplish a fraction of what he hopes for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back