Happy Valentines Day!

We give each other smooches and make sure to find a special (to us) bottle of wine to share, usually over a home-cooked meal. V-Day is the last day of the year I want to go out to dinner!! Well, maybe Mother's Day. :puke:

It's a good evening to stay in. :love:

Agreed. I would rather go to the dentist than to go out to dinner on Valentine's Day. As a former waitress/bartender, I also hated working that day. The money was better than usual, of course, because of sheer volume, but the diners were pains in the ass. We'd get a lot of very young couples who are trying to be grown up but don't tip well because they have no friggin' clue what they're doing. We'd also get a lot of couples who were clearly trying some last-ditch efforts to inject some 'romance' into a dying relationship, and they weren't really in good moods. And cranky people don't make good tippers. And still other couples were very high-maintenance because, y'know, it's VALENTINE'S DAY and dinner is supposed to be PERFECT AND SPECIAL and it will be RUINED if the service and food isn't EXACTLY HOW THEY WANT IT. Of course, something was always wrong and that, naturally, would be reflected in the tip. The only salvation were the drinkers. Much higher bills, plus happy drunks make awesome tippers.

For the record folks, never piss off the people who are handling your food.

My husband is a master chef and he hates Valentines Day & Mother's Day and knowing many inside secrets of the restaurant biz, I have to say limr is so right in the statement "Never piss off the people who handle your food." :)

Happy Valentines day Mr and Mrs Jaca! You better have spoiled the **** outta her!

Well..cough cough. I put on my best fishnets :flower:

Actually, I made a little trip to Burke Williams yesterday after work and tonight we are hanging with some friends at her favorite Mexican restaurant.

I let Burke & William spoil her - I just pay :biglaugh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back