Harbor Morning

Marc Kurth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3776.jpg

absolutely Beautiful! that is such a great picture. looks so peaceful.

may i ask what/if anything you have done to this photo. it is brilliant

may i ask what/if anything you have done to this photo. it is brilliant

Just a simple conversion to B&W. Below is the original as it came out of the camera without anything including sharpening.

It was shot with an old beater D70 with a cheap Sigma 24-135 zoom. 56mm, f18, 1/200. ISO 200, E.V. -.33

I sincerely appreciate the kind word.

DSC3776.jpg

Its amazing how much more dramatic this image is in black and white. It adds a sense of mystery, and even changes the feeling of weather.

Nice Capture!

Mike

Im so happy to see a photo with so very little PP. It gives me hope. This photo is absolutely stunning. I don't have any PP programs other than the iPhoto. So I'm always trying to get that perfect shot right off the bat.

Thank you for posting this!!!!!

As an old film shooter, I try really hard to get it right in the camera. I don't have the post processing skill set that I see displayed on so many great images, but I am convinced that good processing can make a good image great.

One of these days, I'll have to take a class!

Gorgeous shot. I love the angle at which you took it. And the look of the boats on the still waters is just so peaceful

Its nice to see what B&W can do to an image. With color the fog/smog hurts the image a little IMO but in the b&w it really gives it a little extra and plays perfectly with the whole composition.

I'm all for B&W images and this B&W is stunning indeed. But am I the only one who finds more pleasure in the original color shot than the B&W? The color makes me think that it does have PP and has had a slight desaturation done to it.

If it was my shot, I wouldn't have ever known what it was like converted to B&W as the original is great just how it is.

Very nice images, both of them.

Absolutely nice shot. i love how the black and white turned out.

Great Capture!

am I the only one who finds more pleasure in the original color shot than the B&W? The color makes me think that it does have PP and has had a slight desaturation done to it...................

Good comments!

The second image is indeed the original image from the camera. It may appear to be artificially desaturated because that's what happens under this type of lighting condition on the water and I keep my bodies set for low saturation.

Indeed the color version made me happy with strong print sales in the gallery (and a full truck magazine run) but my heart was screaming B&W when I shot it and that's the version that ultimately made me happy :wink:

Seriously, I do appreciate the thoughtful response.

Marc

I really like it.. Great picture, and I'm jealous that I can't see it in person.. Looks like a lovely place.

Most reactions

Back