Harbor Morning

Like most of the comments so far, I'm in two minds over which version I like most, the original or the b&w.
Ultimately, it doesn't really matter. Both are fantastic shots, and if you say that your heart screamed b&w when you were taking the shot, then that's good enough for me. B&W it is then.

Although the colour one is excellent too. :confused:

Like most of the comments so far, I'm in two minds over which version I like most, the original or the b&w.
Ultimately, it doesn't really matter. Both are fantastic shots, and if you say that your heart screamed b&w when you were taking the shot, then that's good enough for me. B&W it is then.

Although the colour one is excellent too. :confused:

Rob,

You nailed it. I very rarely look at an image after the fact and try to decide "color or B&W?" - I generally know what I'm trying to achieve when I shoot it. (Don't always make it, but I try :lol:)

I've been shooting seriously since the late 60's so my tendency is go back to my Panatomic-X roots in the darkroom. For years, I chased print sales, but now I shoot and process what "feels" good to me these days as opposed to having to worry about "what sells" anymore.

Marc

oh that is beautful. I love how the boats in the background just slowly dissapear in the mist.

I thank you for the kind word!

Pretty much what everyone else said :D
Sharpness, composition, exposure, interest, emotion, drama... nice job

Love the black and white. I am so bad at B & W conversions. It's seeing shots like this that inspires me to keep trying them and get better at it. Any tips?

I just want to thank all of you folks for the kind words!

Most reactions

Back