Harry mania?

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So who is gonna be waiting in line at midnight tonight with dreams of getting your hands on a copy of the new Potter book? My nephews will be doing all the work for me in obtaining a copy...I usually borrow their copies. Just wondering...they are expected to sell millions of copies today. Kudos for them!

I pre-purchased a copy for my fiancé, for her birthday. She will be heading over to the book store at midnight. I guess they are expecting lots of kids to line up for hours, so they have all sorts of stuff planed.

She will tear through it in a few days so after that, I'll get my chance to read it.

Yeah one of the local books store is hosting a costume party and a xbox quiditch(sp?) tournament tonight.

I ordered mine from Amazon so it will be delivered to me tomorrow. I've done the midnight parties, but it is mostly kids and I felt a little out of place, there by myself. Last time I ordered from Amazon and got the book at 10 in the morning. I hope the same holds true tomorrow. I'm a big HP fan and I'm glad it is finally here. And it has been raining for days in Houston, which is of course perfect reading weather! I'm excited if you can't tell! :bounce:

Not me, sure, I like the books - but not enough to line up in the cold... My friend loves HP, so she will be getting it today I assume, it will take her 2 days at the most to read it... Then it heads to another friend - who will take equal time. So I should see it soon.

I meant to pre-order and of course, didn't get it done. Planning on getting the audiobook version this time. I've got so much going on with work and college I figure listening to the book in the car for 2 hrs a day during my commute is probably my best bet.

I'm just still kinda upset over teh new HP movie. I saw a review from one of the test audiences and they have really changed things a lot!!!!

heheh I'm planning to buy a copy during the UK meet-up :) and I'd like everyone to sign inside the book on the cover :) I love Harry books :D they are amazing :) I read the first four parts in Polish and fifth one in English, and now I'm looking forward the English 6th part :)

My girlfriend finished it...and she's not happy about it. I don't know what it is but she said she didn't like the turn it had taken and the direction it was going. I'm sure she will have a differing opinion after a while though. I think her expectations were pretty high.

I have started reading it, so I'll have an opinion soon.

Big Mike said:
My girlfriend finished it...and she's not happy about it. I don't know what it is but she said she didn't like the turn it had taken and the direction it was going. I'm sure she will have a differing opinion after a while though. I think her expectations were pretty high.

I have started reading it, so I'll have an opinion soon.

They have been getting increasingly dark as the series goes....but I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

I'm rereading the others first. Started last week and I'm in the middle of 3 now.

They have been getting darker, I'm not even sure that the 4th & 5th books are suitable for very young children like the first one is.

I don't think it's that, that is bothering my GF. She really wanted to tell me, but I wouldn't let her.

So you are reading them all now? That's great. I really, really like these books. Especially the 4th & 5th. While I was waiting for my GF to finish the new one this weekend, I re-read the first 6 and last 5 chapters (of book 5) to refresh myself before starting the new one. I was up till 2:00 reading the first 5 chapters of book 6 last night...so far it's pretty good.

I don't think JK Rowling ever really set out to write children's books. I think she came up with this idea of this boy who goes to wizard school and following him as he progressed through the 7 years at school. So she is perfectly comfortable with the dark nature and tone of the books because that is how she saw the story unfolding from the beginning. I'm glad that she has stuck to her guns after I know what has been immense pressure not to make them so dark.

I finished on Saturday so now I'm waiting for everyone else to finish. :study:

I finished it last week and now my girlfriend is reading it a second time. I found it to be quite good and now I'm really looking forward to the final book...it will be a long few years till that one hits us.

Most reactions

Back