Harvester and Rifleman!

GraemeReen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.graemereen.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out walking my dog and came across a Harvester in a field so I thought I would get some shots. I then noticed a figure in the distance standing in the field. After looking down my lens to get a better look I was quite surprised on what I saw. A man with a Huge Rifle with optics attached looking on. I guess he was waiting for the Harvester to flush out any deer that may of been hiding in the uncut crops. Is that legal?

Harvester by GraemeReen, on Flickr

Rifleman by GraemeReen, on Flickr

I like #2 Graeme Reen ..

That is not a rifle.. shotgun! :) Probably bird hunting!

Great shots! I do like the second one the best.

I think I'll have to agree, looks like a shotgun, deff bird hunting, and you deff don't take a rifle bird hunting. lol

Out walking my dog and came across a Harvester in a field so I thought I would get some shots. I then noticed a figure in the distance standing in the field. After looking down my lens to get a better look I was quite surprised on what I saw. A man with a Huge Rifle with optics attached looking on. I guess he was waiting for the Harvester to flush out any deer that may of been hiding in the uncut crops. Is that legal?

It is obviously a shotgun.
No optics attached.
Probably not deer, but most probably birds.
I can't comment on your local hunting laws, but in the U.S., it would depend upon the hunting season, his bag limit, etc.

cgipson1 said:

Will have to disagree with you on that. No way a shotgun :)

I have been shooting since I was a kid.. probably close to 45 years now. Trust me.. that is a shot gun, probably an auto 12 gauge! :)

Ok ok I stand corrected. Can't argue with an experienced shooter :) thanks for looking. Is it legal though what he is doing considering its near a path where walkers are passing?

Ok ok I stand corrected. Can't argue with an experienced shooter :) thanks for looking. Is it legal though what he is doing considering its near a path where walkers are passing?

I know nothing at all about UK law.. so can't answer that question! Maybe one of our members from your area an help with that.

As long as you don't get caught its legal. Hahaha

Not to kick a dead horse, but for understanding - Graeme, I think the reason you are confused is that the shotgun is actually sitting upside down on his shoulder. In this position, the forearm is actually on top of the barrel, looking like a scope. Look at it this way - his shoulder carries the weight while he is standing. To fire, he simply rotates the shotgun forward and over the top, placing the buttstock against his shoulder without removing his hand from the action.

Hope that helps.

Allow me to demonstrate my ignorance::crazy:

WHAT is the difference between a rifle and a shotgun? And how can you tell by looking at them? :gun:

I like the first image better, because it's a cool looking machine in a big field, whereas the second is just a guy, outstanding in his field (or someone else's field, probably)...with a...high-speed projectile dispenser. :D

sm4him said:
Allow me to demonstrate my ignorance::crazy:

WHAT is the difference between a rifle and a shotgun? And how can you tell by looking at them? :gun:

I like the first image better, because it's a cool looking machine in a big field, whereas the second is just a guy, outstanding in his field (or someone else's field, probably)...with a...high-speed projectile dispenser. :D
A shotgun shoots several ball bearing looking things out of a shell. A rifle shoots bullets. Shotguns have a large spread, whereas rifles have a single bullet per trigger pull.

Looks like a Benelli 12 gauge.
[h=1][/h]

Most reactions

Back