Has anyone ever used Britek studio flashes?

ChrisOquist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aperculture.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Came across a post on craigslist today, and was thinking of picking this up. I had been planning on picking up a backdrop and frame anyway, and a backdrop plus used 6 light studio flash setup seems like not a bad deal for $500, given my 580EX plus a stand an umbrella was well over half that.

Still, I don't know anything about these lights and they could very well be plastic crap. Here is the ad - does anyone have experience with these or know anything about them?

(2) Britek PS-200h studio flashes (retail for $169 each) with stands
(2) Britek E-26 max umbrella light holders with stands (1 umbrella has a small hole)
(2) Britek SM-200 AC slave flashes with honeycomb, barndoor, snood and stands
(1) backdrop frame with clips
(1) black muslin backdrop (should be 10x10) (frame and muslin retail for $179)
(1) rolling duffel

This kit is about 5 years old and has been used fewer than 5 times.

All lights are still in their original boxes.

Have you googled it? Seems like very low end lighting, and may be the reason it was used only once a year.

http://www.briteklighting.com/

I kinda would pass on it.

Lighting is like lenses... buy it once and get the best you can afford. By best, I mean quality, not maximum power output. 2 bounce umbrellas on studio strobes under 200W/s is enough to light an area of about 15 feet wide by 10 feet deep reasonably to F/8, at least the ones I have do this easily enough.

Yup, stay away from that stuff. You'd be better off getting some nice shoe mount flash units and go strobist style.

Most reactions

Back