Has anyone read this book?

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi today i bought Digital Photography Secrets by Rick Sammon. I currently own a D90 and want to be able to take full advantage of it and learn how to take great pictures and how to use the settings. So is this a good book? And what about d90 for dummies or any other books that are specifically geared toward the d90. Thank you.

TJ,

I highly recommend this book:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D90-Digital-Field-Guide/dp/0470449926/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230604098&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Nikon D90 Digital Field Guide: J. Dennis Thomas: Books[/ame]

I bought the D80 version and I refer to it constantly.

Good luck,

Jon

It gets into good depth as well showing how to program certain settings for different conditions? Looks good.

I recommend the Complete Guide for the D90 by Thom Hogan. I got the one for the D300 and was extremely impressed with it's content. It's not going to teach you about photography per se, but it will give you the nuts and bolts of your camera.

I got the David Bausch Field Guide book for the D80 and was thouroughly un-impressed with it.

Wow that "e-book" seems to be huge but also looks like it has a lot of very useful information on it.

I really enjoy the books by Rick Sammon and have learned many good things from them about photography, but if you really want to learn about your particular camera I would as others suggested get a guide book specific to your camera and spend a great deal of time reading the instruction manual to become intimately knowledgeable about your camera.

Most reactions

Back