Hasselblad 645 rare back

Vlad Drakula

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, I’m new to Hasselblad cameras. I’ve got recently a 500cm body with a kinda strange back. The back has indicator 16 on the side where the crank is and also there is letter M. What’s interesting that the 645 frame is not centred according to the square frame of a back. Unfortunately I’ve already loaded the film in the camera and took few shots, so I can’t open the back and take a picture and tell the position of the 645 frame according to a square frame, but I drew two possible variations. My question is if I want to make a paper mask on the viewfinder for this 645 back, where should be the wide strip of the paper in the viewfinder, at the top or at the bottom?

Attachments

• C112E668-2406-40A1-9453-88BBE35E63C0.jpeg
    C112E668-2406-40A1-9453-88BBE35E63C0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
  • 7DF31B47-C102-43E3-8D2B-33475DFDE0F7.jpeg
    7DF31B47-C102-43E3-8D2B-33475DFDE0F7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • C30E36E9-F38F-4A2B-9629-6471213BE51E.jpeg
    C30E36E9-F38F-4A2B-9629-6471213BE51E.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 49
  • 4D2D15EE-E4F2-428A-96CE-E9EBCE42AF74.jpeg
    4D2D15EE-E4F2-428A-96CE-E9EBCE42AF74.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 49
Hi everyone, I’m new to Hasselblad cameras. I’ve got recently a 500cm body with a kinda strange back. The back has indicator 16 on the side where the crank is and also there is letter M. What’s interesting that the 645 frame is not centred according to the square frame of a back. Unfortunately I’ve already loaded the film in the camera and took few shots, so I can’t open the back and take a picture and tell the position of the 645 frame according to a square frame, but I drew two possible variations. My question is if I want to make a paper mask on the viewfinder for this 645 back, where should be the wide strip of the paper in the viewfinder, at the top or at the bottom?
Won't the image be vertical, 45 x 60mm, centered in the viewfinder?

Just had a thought - seems Hasselblad should have made a focusing screen for that back with the appropriate grid lines. Might be worth a Google search.
As you can tell, I'm not familiar with Hasselblad - I shoot mostly a Mamiya RB 67 Pro SD.

N
hi, yeah, normally it’s centred. Which makes more sense since most all of the lenses sharp at the centre, but this back somehow made different. I compared this back with another 645 back. They both have same horizontal direction, but mine is shifted from the centre

N

hi, yeah, normally it’s centred. Which makes more sense since most all of the lenses sharp at the centre, but this back somehow made different. I compared this back with another 645 back. They both have same horizontal direction, but mine is shifted from the centre
I'm thoroughly confused! When you've finished the roll you have loaded, how about letting us know how the images were framed? And good luck!

I searched on the hasselblad resources but didn’t find this back anywhere, even among the custom backs

Just had a thought - seems Hasselblad should have made a focusing screen for that back with the appropriate grid lines. Might be worth a Google search.
As you can tell, I'm not familiar with Hasselblad - I shoot mostly a Mamiya RB 67 Pro SD.
That is I great camera, I have it as well. I’ve got 645 back for RB as well, and a mask filter for it. But there it’s centred, so there is no hassle. Maybe because when you use hasselblad you should hassle 😊 Though RB is a great camera I’m not taking it on the walk that often anymore. It’s a tank that needs a car 😂

I'm thoroughly confused! When you've finished the roll you have loaded, how about letting us know how the images were framed? And good luck!
Sure, I’ll send them here as I’ll get the scans 🙂

I don't know about your knowlege of the German language, maybe (?) translate the website via Google, but this website tells you how to make a mask for the viewfinder if an A16 magazine is used, I used to have several A16 magazines (for me it was more 6x4cm format rather than 6x4.5 format) back in the days with various metal and plastic masks manufactured by Hasselblad, maybe you can find these secondhand on ebay, but via the PDF downloadable from this website (I think you really don't need to know German to understand the explanation in this PDF) you can very well assemble a mask yourself.

https://farblosfoto.de/hasselblad-500-a16-magazin-kaufen-testen-maske-basteln/
Thank you, I’ll check what they have there ❤️

Most reactions

New Topics

Back