What's new

Haunted Guild Inn

Chiller

Mental case
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
9,739
Reaction score
271
Location
F@cking Hell
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Guild Inn has been shut down since late 2001, but the gardens in the rear of the building over look the Scarborough bluffs and are an awesome place to have wedding photos taken. That part is still in use. The main building is in such disrepair that the city wants to tear it down, but the historic society wants to preserve it.

There are also rumors that the building it haunted. There is reading available here if ya like.>>> http://www.pararesearchers.org/Ghosts/guild/guild.html
http://www.pararesearchers.org/Ghosts/guild/guild1/guild1.html

I decided it was time to head over at night and see what I could get myself into. There are a few lights on in the building, I guess for safety, but these shots were taken in really low light, and some have had some "noise" added to give it a more creepy look. Any comments or suggestions to make them look "creepier" would be welcomed.

This shot of the back restaurant was taken a few days ago as the sun was setting. There have been a few ghost seen here.

149_4931zz.JPG


This door leads to a back stairwell.

149_4989aa.JPG


149_4948aa.JPG


P1010117a.JPG


Taken through the main entrance. Not sure why, but there is still an old wheelchair parked near the check in desk.

149_4940zz.JPG


Please forgive me for the quality of this shot, but I could not leave it out. This was taken around 11:00pm, and there were no lights on around me. I had my little point and shoot camera on a tripod, set the timer and captured this shot. There was a faint light on in the room...even though these not been in use for years. Im thinking the door to the hallway was open and it was the light from there reflecting in.

P1010122bw.JPG


Thanks for taking a look. Sorry about the long post.
 
Cool Chiller, I like this series #3 and #4 kinda gave me the chills. Great work!
 
Chiller said:
Im thinking the door to the hallway was open and it was the light from there reflecting in.

i don't and i'm glad you got out alive ;)
 
Thank everyone
Airic....the place is really getting in bad shape but there are a ton of pictures just waiting to be taken there. . Seems vandals are winning the battle too. It is really sad.
Raymond...they are saying it will cost more to restore it then to tear is down and rebuild it. But there has been a lot of talk lately about trying to save as much as possible, cause of the historic factor.
JonMikal....if it were my choice, I would have been in the building to investigate more :lmao: :lmao: . :lmao:

Thanks Randog, Ernie and Pastapuck, I appreciate your comments.
 
Chiller -- those are awesome shots! I can almost see ghosts in the second and third one! Oh, where is April Raven when posts like this show up?!?!

I heard the wheelchair squeak squeak squeak as it rolled up to the desk, too!

Great series that made my imagination run rampant!

JonMikal -- I must agree with your post.
 
I love haunted places! I really like the first 3 shots. The 3rd one has an eery feel about it.

Pamela
 
Great job.. They are 'Creepy', 3, 4 and 5 are my favorites...


Steve :thumbup:
 
nice, way to set the tone!!!!
 
The third photo, and the one with the wheelchair are creepy enough the way they are. I like all of these photos.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom