Haven't posted in a while, a few recent shots.

BTilson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C is welcome and appreciated!

1)

3404474151_70912501ee.jpg

2)

3404480329_fc3bc469e1.jpg

3)

3391685391_853f5a92cc.jpg

(#3 was intentionally very out of focus)

Thanks!

Hi! Here are my initial thoughts:

#1 -- I like the abstraction, and the detail of the curling tendril here. That's very nice -- the rest is distraction. Perhaps cropping a little bit closer would help you.

#2 -- Doesn't do much for me. What's the subject? Why did you take this photo? If you can answer that question, that will probably help. For now, I think it's an empty sky with trees around the edge... not terribly interesting.

#3 -- Interesting. Not sure what to say, other than -- crop out some of that extra black blob around the right and bottom. The effect is kind of cool, and the colors are good, but I'm not sure it's particularly amazing. It could make a good desktop background, for example.

Keep working! :)

#1. It's an interesting twirl on a branch, but the it's too contrasty for my taste and I'm pretty sure the highlight on the branch is blown out, it's pure white with no texture. Also the composition on this isn't very good, it's dead center and doesn't really hold my interest. The background is also distracting, achieving more of a bokeh would help in this case.

2. Doesn't do anything for me. It's kind of a boring subject and I dont think the sepia tone adds anything to it.

3. Don't like this at all. The colors are kind of nice, but the subject matter (in focus or not) is a little boring.

Thanks for the input so far all.

1) The blown highlight I believe was a result of my post processing. The excessively high contrast I think is to blame for that. I will also explore a bit with a tighter crop, or maybe a similar reshoot.

2) Meant to be a simple scenic shot. I think I have a tendency to over process my shots somewhat. I do think I agree now that this isn't a very interesting shot. Maybe a more dynamic sky would help this shot out.

3) I was going for an abstract, maybe "dreamy" effect. I agree that I should crop out some of the black around the edge though.

Again, thanks for the input!

I really like number 2. The emptyness of it, the seemly evilness of the
Leaveless trees. I tend to shoot b&w photos of those trees with a very cntrast sky. My teacher dosnt really care for them it seems; but I like it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back