Having problmes making a reflection is PS

ShaneF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had some time this morning so i though i would try something new to me. I am having problems getting the reflection to look right. I am using PS CC 2104. Can anyone offer any help or know of a great tutorial?

15601376375_cc48e4ea26_b.jpg

Shane, I'm assuming that you copied the layer, free transform, flip vertical and then decreased the opacity of the layer. Looks like you squished it too, not sure that is the thing to do.

Google or youtube it. I watched a video by Scott Kelby on travel photography where he did what I said to get reflections of lights on the water at night.

yeah that was pretty much what i did. It was my attempt to make a reflection, i know its not right. Thanks i will try to find that video.

You might want to scroll down more and look through the threads in the Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery forum section.

Using a mirror is easily the best way to do this.

A reflection is a flipped image of the reflected thing(s) shot from a different angle.

Some sort of perspective correction will help but it's not complete. There are usually parts of the object which can be seen from the other angle which are obscured from the main angle.

In some special cases you can get away without any perspective correction. In some special cases there is no hidden stuff. So, you can do it occasionally in an editor. More commonly you just can't.

You can't get a good reflection without using the gradient tool ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back