What's new

Hawaiian Sunset

Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
4,173
Reaction score
2,551
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
SunsetFinal-1.jpg
 
Mahalo! Beautiful... Really miss that place. The sunset is amazing.
 
I am really liking the composition! The palm trees are almost silhouettes and the clouds show nice colors.
 
That area is just so beautiful!! I don't understand why you chose this spot to take a sunset. The beach, the cliffs, the rocks all would of been better locations to get this shot. I'm sure as is the shot brings back great memories, so it's still a win.
Thanks for sharing!! I needed this on a cold rainy day like today...=) I need to go back!!!
 
Nice work!

I would just darken the clouds a touch and bring back some of the detail in the sunset. Then maybe crop off a little from the bottom and the far right to show us that really incredible view down on the beach. I don't mind so much the location you stood as I like getting those beautiful palm trees well into the frame and the flowers on the side add a nice touch. Just a bit too much dead space on the side that leaves the focal point swimming around. Nice work and wow that must have been fun to photograph!
 
Mishele: I really liked the composition from this angle with the people looking out to the sunset and the silhouettes.

Dancer: I had considered a bit of a crop off the bottom and the side to bring things in a bit closer. I still may do that in print.

Thanks all for your kind words !
 
I don't think it hurts it terribly, but I did like the framing with it all in....maybe a bit less crop of the bottom to retain that dark depth that was created?
 
Mishele: I really liked the composition from this angle with the people looking out to the sunset and the silhouettes.

Dancer: I had considered a bit of a crop off the bottom and the side to bring things in a bit closer. I still may do that in print.

Thanks all for your kind words !

I wouldn't have noticed the people w/ out you pointing them out. I thought they we plants......=)
 
Great composition...Really love this shot. I can't wait to travel to Hawaii.
 
Awesome picture....
Need to go back and use my miles before American Airlines goes under....
About the crop I thought that as well when I first saw it, but seeing those two side by side I like the former...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom