HDR comment and help

cleary71

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,
I was hoping for a critique of this photo and possibly a little help. I have attached a second photo on the pond that shows a lot of pixelation after running my three pictures through Photomatix. I was wondering if there is a setting to eliminate this type of output. None of the original pictures (which I can post if anyone wants to see them) have any pixelation that I can see. Any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

DSC_4793_4_5.jpg

pixel.jpg

In the first one straiten the horizon and center the building. As for the second one there is no subject in it and it's out of focus.

I am sorry the second photo is a close up of a part of the first where I was talking about the pixelation. I just wanted to show the detail closer up.

I believe that in low light situations as the pics are put together in HDR software that the noise is added and increased. There is a Noise Removal option on some software. The amount of noise you have there is easily removed by Topaz DeNoise 4 a plugin for Photoshop.

It is noise rather than pixelation that is present due to the HDR process. You can use stronger smoothing in Photomatix to reduce it considerably but that will alter the look and feel of the image (In my opinion for the better, but definitely subjective). There are also good programs out there such as noiseware, noise ninja, etc. to help reduce it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back