Subtle HDR

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

See below a couple examples of me trying to be subtle in HDR creation.

I used the original image for all the HDR components. All that I changed was the brightness of the photo:

Screenshot 2024-05-16 095658.png

Before:

_JBO7542.jpg

After:

_JBO7542_hdr.jpg

Second:
Screenshot 2024-05-16 095807.png

Before:

_JBO8192.jpg

After:

_JBO8192_hdr.jpg

Was it worth the effort??

All comments are welcome.

CHEERS
JBO

Hi All,

See below a couple examples of me trying to be subtle in HDR creation.

I used the original image for all the HDR components. All that I changed was the brightness of the photo:

View attachment 275206

Before:

View attachment 275207

After:

View attachment 275208

Second:
View attachment 275209

Before:

View attachment 275210

After:

View attachment 275211

Was it worth the effort??

All comments are welcome.

CHEERS
JBO
HDR triggers criticism simply because it was done-to-death for a spell. My sense is that it works best with high contrast images(e.g., the stonework) and less so with low(er)contrast images(vegetation)where colors can block up. Worth the trouble.

It depends on the scene, especially when the DR exceeds the camera capability. As mentioned above it can easily be overdone.

HDR triggers criticism simply because it was done-to-death for a spell. My sense is that it works best with high contrast images(e.g., the stonework) and less so with low(er)contrast images(vegetation)where colors can block up. Worth the trouble.
Precisely. Well done. If you look at an image and your first imipression is "HDR", then the shot failed.

Thanks for the replies.

The software has got better in the last few years so its easier to create more subtle HDR effects.##I like the outcome on bot pics but the stone work really pings with the HDR.

CHEERS
JBO

Most reactions

Back