HDR Everywhere!

Atlas77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I havent posted here in ages, i think the last time i was completely active was in spring.

Ive been searching flickr looking at photos i click the "interesting" button and everytime the most pictures i find when i click that are HDR's. Everywhere I look its HDR, threads, pictures, guides. I mean, most of these pictures are over processed. People think HDR's are amazing and why? Has the world become revolved around HDR? At least some still look like photographs instead of cartoons. I feel the world is relying on using programs to make their images better than bettering themselves at photography.

End of my rant of the day.

welcome to the digital age where every mom and guy with a camera is a pro photographer! :D

welcome to the digital age where every mom and guy with a camera is a pro photographer! :D

haha, well seems like there isnt that much that seperates pros and any guy these days. Anyone with a good amount of money in their hands and the right editing software could make good pictures.

I feel the world is relying on using programs to make their images better than bettering themselves at photography.
Haha, this is what my recent thread was about. It seems like I should be practicing my photoshop skills rather than my camera skills!

I feel the world is relying on using programs to make their images better than bettering themselves at photography.
Haha, this is what my recent thread was about. It seems like I should be practicing my photoshop skills rather than my camera skills!

link me to the thread I didnt see it, I was mainly focusing on the over use of hdr so I made one myself.

And i think your totally right, with all this modern technology photoshop skills seem to be more important than camera skills.

Photography, like all forms of art, require proficiency in three things: tools, vision, and understanding of design. You can only directly address one of these in post-processing, so if you abandon the other two, you'll never be able to achieve your best...

Link to his thread

- Randy

haha, well seems like there isnt that much that seperates pros and any guy these days. Anyone with a good amount of money in their hands and the right editing software could make good pictures.

This should push professionals to new levels if they want to stand out. It's good for the industry.

Photography, like all forms of art, require proficiency in three things: tools, vision, and understanding of design. You can only directly address one of these in post-processing, so if you abandon the other two, you'll never be able to achieve your best...

Link to his thread

- Randy

No doubt they dont only need photoshop to suceed. Of course there are many levels seperating a normal photographer and a pro. Im stating that these days with digital technology its easier than it was before.

Funny video Foques.

Just another gimmick/fad, they come and go. H

are you sure its another fad? sounds pretty good. I mean everyone from pros to normal photographers are making hdr's. Seems like a digital revolution. ;)

Everywhere I look there's another thread complaining about HDR.

Everywhere I look there's another thread complaining about HDR.

im not complaining "about" HDR, sure I like hdr it just seems its overused. some hdr shots come out amazing but on flickr search up Ryan Eng pretty much all of his shots are hdr.

I'm not a fan of HDR - looks gimmicky and way too polished, like an illustration and not a photo - but as long as ad execs want it, it'll be around. And as long as it appears in the ads in magazines, amateurs will want to do it. I may be over-generalizing, but sometimes it seems like the modern amateur photographer is more of a computer nerd than an artist. They won't know f-stops but they sure know about overclocking and whatnot.

That said, there are a few photos that practically scream for HDR, and it suits them really well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back