Peter42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ipernity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Friends
here i like to show some shots of my last visit to france.
This year i tried to find some locations, wich are nice for working with HDR.
Starting with Gourdon, a nice litlle castle in the maritime alps.
On the trip to there you can get a lot of impressible images, that i cant share additionally here.
But at the only one Road from Grasse to Gourdon is a parking lot, where you can take this Photo.
$13796758.4cea009c.1024.jpg
If you arrive, there are parking lots for free and you can enter the castle. and here is my first hint:
bevore entering the Castle, there is left at the portal the public WC, use it, there is no another inside the Castle.
And then and there i found a lot of interesting places to be banned on my camera:
$13796760.17e05ec3.1024.jpg$13796762.d7d50101.1024.jpg$13796764.9b60f5de.1024.jpg
Then we moved to St.Pauls du Vence, where i got more impressions:
Its only two hours away from Gourdon, you can plan both target for one day.
$13796765.b21cb887.1024.jpg$13796766.25fc8b17.1024.jpg
And if you be there for a visit, dont forget Grasse, Le Village de Parfume:
Have your wife or girlfriend save placed inside the parfume-museum and get for your photographics pleasure those images.
$13796791.b36398ba.1024.jpg$13796792.53bb2cdf.1024.jpg$13796793.99c3086e.1024.jpg
Then move to Menton, thats the city of lemons, le Village de Citrons :
$13796795.e1d8b15b.1024.jpg
Now i´m on my Limit, hope you enjoy it, if requestet, i will show some more.

greetings peter

wow, those are some fantastic shots, I am drawn to HDR every time i see one but i never seem to find the time to sit down and learn the processing techniques, I really love the restaurant shot, but they are all remarkable.

Those are very well done. This is what I think of when I read HDR. Something that is realistic and not over the top or overcooked.

good HDR most are overcooked these are very nice

The shots looks nice... real nice. I'm glad you didn't take it to the extreme like most people like to do. The only thing bothering me with a few of these shots is the haloing that is happening in the sky against the trees, on a few of the signs (restaurant and the black flag looking one), and also along the road with the plants hanging off into it. But otherwise, very well executed.

Thanks to all of our reflections.
Yes, im using the HDR very softly, but the Sky and clouds are problematic, im still awaiting a feature in that Programs, where i can select the region of interest.
Thanks for all positive and nagative comments.

Greetings Peter

Good stuff.. some slight halos on some.. but in general not bad! The restaurant shot (#3) is probably the best of the set....

Nice work here!

#1 and #3 are the best IMO. Most of the others suffer from lots of haloing, and that really detracts from those images.

I'm generally not a fan of the cartoony, overcooked tonemapping, but these are better than most posted here.

#1 is really really good upon second look. If you told me it was a single exposure, I'd believe you. Incredibly sharp...

Most reactions

Back